Latest Movie :

The Mummy (2017)

Released: June 9, 2017
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Running Time: 1 hr 50mins

----------------------------------

Tom Cruise plays the "Chosen One" after and ancient Egyptian Princess is awoken and tries to complete an ancient ritual that she was unable to complete in the latest Mummy movie for the franchise. I won't lie, I was a little skeptical when I first heard that Tom Cruise would be starring in this.  I am proud to say, I my concerns were dismissed less than half way into my viewing.

The Mummy had a very zombie-esque feel to it, more so than any of the other installments of the franchise.  It is certainly a stand alone movie and does not require viewing of any of the other Mummy movies to understand the storyline. I enjoyed how several concepts were brought into this story... Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde was a prominent character.  A reoccurring theme present is man vs monster.

I would normally link to Is This Movie Suitable for an in depth review of child suitability of movies, but this one has not been reviewed at the time of this posting.  There is very little vulgarity throughout the movie, and while there are some scenes of women straddling men, there is no scenes containing sex. As with many action movies, there are several fighting scenes.  Obviously, since dealing with mummies, there are scenes of bodily decay.


View the trailer here:

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Popcorn & Pickles - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger